- Fall Outdoor EXPO: Mountain House meal demonstration, this Saturday, October 19th, in our store window!
- Warren Miller’s 64th film, “Ticket to Ride,” at the State Theatre, Thursday, November 21st!
- With purchase of $100 or more in The North Face products, in-store, receive a FREE TNF beanie!
- SAVE THE DATE: North Face athlete Mark Synnott to speak, Wednesday, October 9th, in-store, 7-9pm!
- Register in-store to win 1 of 4 race entries to the Hardcore Mudrun!
Category Archives: Area Adventures
Appalachian Outdoors & Freeze Thaw Cycles Present: Brett Simpson, “Bike-Packing,” Thursday, August 22nd, 7-8pm
Join us in welcoming Brett Simpson for a FREE U to remember! An in-store adventure in “bike-packing” awaits! Thursday, August 22nd, 7-8pm! @ Appalachian Outdoors 123 S. Allen St. (814)234-3000 Originally from Portland, Oregon, Brett has been working in the … Continue reading
Join us Thursday, August 8th, 7-8pm for our next FREE U featuring John Hook, President of the Mt. Nittany Conservancy. John will share the property ownership history of the mountain, the story about the creation of the conservancy and the … Continue reading
“The Hammock For Two” Recently, I discovered that my parents would be celebrating an important wedding anniversary. Alas, I found myself in the usual pickle regarding what to do about their gift! With every passing year, for birthdays, anniversaries and … Continue reading
Whether you’re hiking the Tussey Mountain Trail or Ontario’s Algonquin Provincial Park this summer, get the prefect tent to suit your needs, in-store or online! For a lone wolf camper, the Mountain Hardwear SuperMega UL 1 Tent is just the … Continue reading
From competition to leadership, Dave Kurtz’ passion for whitewater continues to flourish. In anticipation of Olympic kayaker Casey Eichfeld’s talk at the State Theatre (March 18th), the father of the sport, Dave Kurtz, stopped by Appalachian Outdoors a few weeks … Continue reading
Local legend and avid outdoors-man, Joe Humphreys has demonstrated his passion for angling, water, and wildlife throughout his life and career as a fly fisherman. Fortunately for the rest of us, Mr. Humphreys has been willing to share his knowledge and … Continue reading