- Fall Outdoor EXPO: Mountain House meal demonstration, this Saturday, October 19th, in our store window!
- Warren Miller’s 64th film, “Ticket to Ride,” at the State Theatre, Thursday, November 21st!
- With purchase of $100 or more in The North Face products, in-store, receive a FREE TNF beanie!
- SAVE THE DATE: North Face athlete Mark Synnott to speak, Wednesday, October 9th, in-store, 7-9pm!
- Register in-store to win 1 of 4 race entries to the Hardcore Mudrun!
Category Archives: Adventure Liz Hikes the Appalachian Trail
“Within the first 3 miles of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, a rigorous 2000 ft climb invited me to my first epic views of the mountains I would be climbing for the next four days. I didn’t realize it … Continue reading
My favorite view so far on the Appalachian trail came unexpectedly a few miles before Betty Creek Gap in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. Maneuvering through a thick tunnel of rhododendrons, hiking with what seemed like extremely exaggerated motions, … Continue reading
A celebration at the Georgia/North Carolina border with my trail family. It is amazing the close friends acquired on the trail thus far, well, 78.5 hiker miles to be exact. This was the first true milestone of the journey. Our … Continue reading
Appalachian Outdoors’ own, Adventure Liz, begins her 6 month journey along the Appalachian Trail this month! As she hikes she will supply us with a running blog of her adventures with the Warrior Hike group. Stay tuned for her own, … Continue reading