Are you an active outdoor enthusiast? Do you like to run, bike, hike, ski or paddle? Have you ever thought about what you would do if you or one of your friends had an accident when you were hours away from help? If so, this talk is made just for you. Join Brett Simpson, Senior Instructor for the Wilderness Medicine Institute (WMI) of NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership School). Brett has been in the outdoor industry for almost 20 years and has taught over a thousand students the basics of wilderness medicine. He has led trips all over the US and Canada and internationally in Mexico, Peru, Ecuador, Costa Rica and Ethiopia. During his time here Brett will talk about a range of topics from “Just what is Wilderness Medicine?” to “What should I put in a first aid kit”. Along the way he will be able to answer your questions, tell you about upcoming training opportunities and demo some skills that you would learn in these exciting hands-on courses.
- Fall Outdoor EXPO: Mountain House meal demonstration, this Saturday, October 19th, in our store window!
- Warren Miller’s 64th film, “Ticket to Ride,” at the State Theatre, Thursday, November 21st!
- With purchase of $100 or more in The North Face products, in-store, receive a FREE TNF beanie!
- SAVE THE DATE: North Face athlete Mark Synnott to speak, Wednesday, October 9th, in-store, 7-9pm!
- Register in-store to win 1 of 4 race entries to the Hardcore Mudrun!