Are you an active outdoor enthusiast? Do you like to run, bike, hike, ski or paddle? Have you ever thought about what you would do if you or one of your friends had an accident when you were hours away from help? If so, this talk is made just for you. Join Brett Simpson, Senior Instructor for the Wilderness Medicine Institute (WMI) of NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership School). Brett has been in the outdoor industry for almost 20 years and has taught over a thousand students the basics of wilderness medicine. He has led trips all over the US and Canada and internationally in Mexico, Peru, Ecuador, Costa Rica and Ethiopia. During his time here Brett will talk about a range of topics from “Just what is Wilderness Medicine?” to “What should I put in a first aid kit”. Along the way he will be able to answer your questions, tell you about upcoming training opportunities and demo some skills that you would learn in these exciting hands-on courses.
- Featured in Outside Magazine, Patagonia Minimalist Wavefarer Board Shorts have landed at Appoutdoors!
- Downtown State College: Parking Changes
- AppOutdoors is now on BlogLovin
- Adventure Liz reporting: Epic Views: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- “I found the perfect ‘couples’ gift in an Eagles Nest Outfitters Hammock!”
- Sundries – April 2, 2013 | Spring Creek Homesteading on Join us for SPRING Outdoor EXPO, Saturday, April 13th !!!
- fitology542 on Appalachian Outdoors’ 1st FREE U of 2013 Presents:FIT-OL-O-GY, Thursday, January 24th !
- Steve Tuckerman on UPDATE: From Dave Gantz on the Mid-State Trail
- Ben on UPDATE: From Dave Gantz on the Mid-State Trail