When getting ready for winter, the tasks can be daunting, so let Gransfors Bruks cut the tasks down to size with the Large Splitting Axe with Collar. This uniquely designed axe head features a concave design that tappers to a thin bit, forcing the wood apart and reducing your efforts. It also features a metal collar guard that reduces the wear and tear on the haft and grooves in the grip for a secure swing. This adds up to the Large Splitting Axe keeping your home or cabin warm year after year.
Oversized Shipping Fees Apply.
• Handle has a protective steel collar below the axe head and circular grooves towards the end for an extra firm grip
• Splitting Axes should not be used for striking a wedge or as a wedge
• Length with handle: 70 cm (27.5”)
• Weight: 2,3 kg (5 lb)
• Sheath in vegetable-tanned leather
• Forged and ground to a concave, quite thin blade at the bit
• The axe cuts quickly and easily into the wood and then effectively splits it as the broader section pushes apart the wood