Purple Lizard's Worlds End Lizard Map will help you plan all your adventures in and around Loyalsock State Forest from Williamsport to Worlds End State Park. This is one of the most popular 4-season State Parks in Pennsylvania.
• Points of interest: campgrounds, picnic areas, river access, boat launches, primitive car camping sites, scenic overlooks, waterfalls and lizard spots.
• Wild and Natural areas plus: McIntyre Wild Area, Devils Elbow Natural Area, Rider Park Trails, Kettle Creek Gorge Natural Area, Conklin Run Wilderness Area, Glacier Pools Preserve (Merrill W. Linn Conservancy)
• Towns: Dushore, Eagles Mere, Ellenton, Forksville, Laporte, Loyalsockville, Montoursville, Ogdonia, Picture Rocks, Shunk, Sonestown, Trout Run, and Williamsport, PA
• Lizards! The little purple Lizards you'll find scattered on the map signify an interesting spot to check out. The Legend says " This Could Mean Anything: cool place, sweet view, local legend"
• Lizard Maps are durable, waterproof, and give you the big picture – the map opens to 24” x 36” and folds easily to 4” x 8” to fit in your back pocket. The scale is 1:47,550 (1 inch = 3/4 mile). Includes both lat./lon. and UTM coordinate systems
• Destinations: The Loyalsock Creek, Haystack Rapid, Bear Wallow Pond, Sones Pond, historic CCC camps, numerous waterfalls, cascades and vistas throughout the trails system and roads.
• Public land: all of Loyalsock State Forest and Worlds End State Park, with a section of Tiadaghton State Forest south of Williamsport. Sections of State Game Lands 12, 13, 133, 134, and 298; McIntyre Wild Area, Devils Elbow Natural Area, Rider Park Trails, Kettle Creek Gorge Natural Area, Conklin Run Wilderness Area, Glacier Pools Preserve and the PA Fish and Boat Commission's Hunters Lake and Rose Valley Lake.
• Roads: all Lizard Maps show which roads are paved, dirt/gravel and gated Administration roads. Perfect for bicyclists, dual sport riders and overlanders looking to put together a remote backcountry route across public lands.