Knowledge can mean the difference between a good trip and a bad trip, so make sure you have a good one and prepare with The 2oz. Backpacker from Random House.
• Keep snug, dry, comfortable and warm in heavy weather
• PLUS TIPS ON fire building, cooking, water treatment, getting found when lost, hiking, climbing, cross-country and route-finding techniques
• It will help you get the most from the food and gear you carry on your back, making your trip safer, more comfortable and, above all, more fun.
• Make quick repairs to packs, boots, tents, beds and stoves
• Choose and develop a campsite for maximum comfort and shelter
• Deal with emergencies, storms and other difficulties
• Treat blisters, hypothermia, sunburn, bleeding, elevation sickness, etc